Salary: $85,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Specialist. You will be responsible for participating in the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. S/he identifies, researches and resolves technical problems, and ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision–making capabilities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining SQL Server data warehouse housing multiple data sources. Develop and maintain highly complex reports using SQL queries, stored procedures, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Develop and maintain integrations between our core financial platform as well as any additional third party data providers.
- Develop and maintain tracking for automated processes to ensure quick response times to system failure.
- Develop and maintain analytical charts and dashboards for multiple departments. Improve business process to enhance overall data quality, automation and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years of T-SQL development experience
- Three to five years developing reports using SSRS
- Three to five years of SSIS experience
- Experience writing stored procedures and table/scalar value functions
- Exposure to other database applications (MySQL, DB/2, etc.)
- Background in data warehousing and data modeling
- Develop and implement technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data provided to internal and external partners
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- One to three years of programming in C# a plus
- Python experience a plus
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs work flows and procedures.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).