Concord, CA 94518
Salary: $25.50 to $35.00 /hour
Great opportunity in the East Bay! Steady hours, top of the line benefits and an awesome team!
The Real Estate Loan Officer is responsible for proactively soliciting new residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and production goals of our client. This position will handle branch and call center generated referrals along with self-generated referrals. This position will develop and maintain long-term relationships with members, approved organizations, and communities we serve to ensure recurring mortgage loan prospects and referrals.
- Originate mortgage loans from membership and self-sourced business while providing exceptional service. Discuss mortgage loan products and options via phone, email or in person with prospective and current members/borrowers.
- Assist with appropriate mortgage product selection, lock request, provide applicable disclosures as required by law and dictated by the credit union process.
- Obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data. Complete the initial assessment of the mortgage application including a review of credit, financial data and collateral information to prepare for processing and loan approval.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations applicable to the credit union and secondary market compliance including RESPA, HPML, HOEPA, HCML, ATR/QM, bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Experience with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter (DU) or Freddie Mac Loan Prospector (LP) and proven ability to verify and understand findings to build quality loan applications per FNMA/FHLMC standards.
- Manage a mortgage pipeline closely to ensure loans are handled promptly, efficiently and accurately to ensure exceptional service and resulting in market leading turn time on applications.
- Oversee the loan process from origination to close and provide on-going communication to applicants as needed. This includes negotiating the interest rate and loan terms due to change in the initial qualification caused by collateral, income or financial data verification.
- Demonstrate the ability to delicately handle difficult situations while maintaining complete professionalism.
- Consistently notate conversations with member in the LOS to ensure proper communication.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Minimum five years in a mortgage related function with at least two years generating self-sourced business.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional member service skills.
- Strong credit and general financial analysis experience.
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Advanced ability to collect and report information on market conditions including competitive product and service offerings.
- Familiarity of the secondary mortgage market and government programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Continually develop and maintain advisory and consultative home loan skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and intermediate computer skills including MS Office.
- MLO Registration required. An individual in this position has been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications and discussing terms or negotiates rates on loans secured by real property. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry in compliance with the requirements of Federal Law, including the Safe Act.
- Travel Required: Travel by car may be required to visit with applicants, partners and vendors. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.